[asterisk-dev] any difference between NULL and "" in struct?ast_callerid fields ?

Rod Dorman rodd at polylogics.com
Fri Apr 21 09:18:29 MST 2006

On Friday, April 21, 2006, 10:02:15, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 08:48:48AM -0500, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
>> Actually, that should be "Unknown <>", since the number field
>> should be empty.
>
> We are talking about individual fields here (i.e. only name
> or only number) which are sent through manager_event()
> or astman_append() or agi_something().

IMHO for the name field "Unknown" (a future i18n enhancement could add a
configuration  option  to set it). For the number field an empty string.
For the full callerid string "Unknown <>"

One  bit I'm fuzzy on, would the "<>" brackets be considered part of the
number  field  or  just  formatting  chars  when  constructing  the full
callerid string from the individual fields?

--
rodd at polylogics.com     "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Rod Dorman              late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh