[asterisk-dev] new-style 'say' code available in trunk

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Wed Apr 19 03:42:12 MST 2006

FYI:

	Log of /trunk/apps/app_playback.c
	Revision 21421  - (view) (download) (as text) (annotate) - [select for diffs]
	Modified Wed Apr 19 10:27:31 2006 UTC (5 minutes, 26 seconds ago) by rizzo
	File length: 13769 byte(s)
	Diff to previous 20003

	add experimental code for new-style "say" application.
	The rules for spelling out numbers and dates are in the config
	file "say.conf", which can be edited to implement national
	or even local language rules.

	The new code can be enabled through the cli command
	'say load new'
	while the old code can be restored with
	'say load old'

	Eventually, this code should go to a better place,
	but for the time being we keep here as it provides
	very similar functions.

of course the default is still the old mechanism.

If someone wants to try the new mechanism, feedback is welcome.
I still need to implement the spelling of character and phonetic
strings but that should be easy to do.
Dates and times may need a bit of testing.

Writing the config file may appear complex, however by using the template
mechanism that is available in config files, we can reuse a lot of
the common rules so in most cases, national version of dates and
times will only need to supply a single line for the default formats
e.g. something like

	datetime::. => date:AdBY 'digits/at' IMp:${SAY}

cheers
luigi