[asterisk-dev] code-cleanup concerns

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Apr 15 07:36:17 MST 2006

15 apr 2006 kl. 01.28 skrev Brian Degenhardt:

> I'm a bit uncomfortable about some of these recent commits to trunk.
> While I'm all in favor for code cleanup, it should be taken in
> account that changing things arbitrarily will break many patches
> sitting in mantis.

If you have larger patches that will be broken when a lot of these
things happen, please ask a bug marshal to
help you maintain the patch in a branch. I maintain a lot of branches
for various SIP-related patches in mantis,
both my own code and other developer's code, since I have to cause a
lot of breakage in order to be able to move on.

Bug marshals are listed on the front page of bugs.digium.com, they
are really helpful if you ask kindly
and they deserve a thank you now and then from the community btw.

Thank you all bug marshals!

/O