[asterisk-dev] Asterisk accept wrong Codec

Thomas Winter thowinter at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 12 11:11:02 MST 2006

Hi,

I receive from an SIP Proxy an Session progress with session description.

from Ethereal log

Media description:
.
Media Format: ITU-T G.721
.
Media Attribute (a) rtpmap G726-32/8000

After this Asterisk sends to the Gateway an  G.721 RTP stream.
Because the internal Caller has G.711 there is no sound going through.

Iam not sure whats happend here, is the SIP Proxy doing wrong or is Asterisk
doing the wrong thing.

g.721 is disallowed in sip.conf . I also tried to force with SIP_CODEC to
G.726, but Asterisk still sending g.721 to the Gatway on the request of the
Sip-Proxy.

In the other direction the Gateway is sending with g.726 to Asterisk and I
have sound.

thank you.

best regards

Thomas