[asterisk-dev] Massive changes to chan_sip ahead... SIPtransfer is coming

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Apr 12 01:24:26 MST 2006

Friends,

If you think that the SIP channel code has changed a lot during the
last week, when Luigi and myself have been
cleaning up a lot of code, you are in for a big surprise the coming
10 days, starting today.

I will merge the new SIPtransfer code that has been in a separate
branch for a while, and in a private development
tree since last summer. This will involve quite large changes, but
hopefully a lot of new functionality in regards
to transfers (and call pickup).

During the process, I might implement small chunks during commits,
making the SIP channel unusable for a few
minutes. I want to separate the patches in smaller chunks if
possible, in order not to wreak too much havoc with my other
SIP branches in the subversion repository.

Hopefully I will get all of this committed before SIPit next week.
During SIPit, I may also find new bugs in
chan_sip and commit patches for those.

So please have patience - the end result will be much better and
cause very interesting new bugs for those of
us addicted to the bug tracker :-)

/Olle

---
* Olle E. Johansson - oej at edvina.net