[asterisk-dev] asterisk developpers

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sun Apr 9 10:44:56 MST 2006

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:
> Asterisk assumes all incoming calls will be authenticated.  You want all
> incoming calls to not require authentication.  This is not a common
> usage of Asterisk.
>
> There is an option called insecure=very  This option is shown in the
> /path/to/src/asterisk/configs/sip.conf.sample
>
> I assume the Wiki would also have information about this.

Eric, I fear when people on the -dev list cave in to childish whining
like this, we are giving positive feedback to that persistent group of
users who view -dev as what to do when you don't get an answer on -users.

Harry, now you have your answer.  In the future, please follow the rules
for the Asterisk lists and keep your help requests on -users.  Also, the
tone of your post almost insures people are going to ignore it.  Be nice
when you're asking for others to spend time helping you.

B.