[asterisk-dev] Call tracking through chan_agent

Paul Robins paul at gamingmp.com
Sat Apr 8 20:16:55 MST 2006

I've asked this previously in asterisk-users with no response and it's
partially suited to both lists so here goes.

We're tracking calls for billing and statistics purposes through the
Manager API and I'm having problems with a specific section. When a
queue tries to deliver a call to an agent, it dials Agent/<whatever>
which then connects to Local/<whatever> which finally connects to the
phone. In the Manager events returned, there's a Zap/1-1 (inbound) ->
Agent/1001 side of the call with a Link event generated for their
uniqueIDs and there is a Link event for Local/<whatever> to
SIP/<whatever>. Because I can't see any proper way to link these two
together I added in an additional event called AgentAssociate which
looks like this:

          'DestChan' => 'Local/1001 at test-normal-2bad,1',
          'Event' => 'AgentAssociate',
          'Privilege' => 'agent,all',
          'UniqueID' => '1144425133.1',
          'Agent' => '1001'

Have I gone about this correctly or have I made a total hash of it and
am missing out on something vital?

Cheers
--
Paul Robins