[asterisk-dev] Re: Asterisk timing without hardware

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Apr 6 00:47:14 MST 2006

In article <4434720A.5060001 at free.fr>, Goldenear <goldenear at free.fr> wrote:

> > Secondly, reliable (clocked) rtp timing just moved from asterisk's svn
> > test-this-branch to svn trunk
> >
> > You have to enable it by setting internal_timing=yes in
> > /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf in the [options] area.
> >
> > In my testing thus far (not from trunk, but test-this-branch), it
> > works beautifully.
> >
> Very good news :) from witch version of Asterisk is the
> internal_timing=yes setting available ?
> Do you mean that, using this setting no zaptel (even ztdummy) module is
> necessary ?

No, that's not what he means (I hope). On the contrary, internal_timing=yes
DOES rely on having a zaptel timing source.

Just make sure you build zaptel, and that ztdummy is built, and that you
have removed the "#if 0" from around "#define USE_RTC" before building.
Then ensure that when your system starts up it has the zaptel and ztdummy
modules loaded.

That's all you need if you have no zaptel hardware and you should find
that MeetMe, IAX trunking and internal_timing all work fine.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield