[asterisk-dev] Postgres Realtime driver

Johansson Olle E olle at voop.com
Wed Apr 5 09:22:20 MST 2006

5 apr 2006 kl. 10.50 skrev Andreas Sikkema:

>>  From a long term development point of view should we just be
>> focusing on ODBC and removing all the native drivers altogether?
>>
>> IE even for MySQL..
>
> I don't mind Realtime moving to ODBC completely, but I would hate to
> see the MYSQL (and PGSQL or whatever it is called) apps be completely
> removed.

We will not move to ODBC completely. Remember that realtime is not a
SQL abstraction layer, it's a data storage abstraction layer. There's a
realtime LDAP driver in the bug tracker, and as I remember the LDAP
protocol - it is far from SQL :-)

/Olle

---
Olle E. Johansson * Asterisk Evangelist, developer * VOOP A/S
olle at voop.com * http://www.meetasterisk.com