[asterisk-dev] SIP Phone Conference from Asterisk.

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Wed Apr 5 03:01:43 MST 2006

md wrote:
> Hi,
> Is possible put in conference a sip phone where there are two calls (one active and the other held) from Asterisk? Is there any SIP header to activate the conference in a SIP phone remotly?
>
> El escenario es:
>
> 1. SIP A calls SIP B: call 1
> 2. SIP A calls SIP C: call 2 --> call 1 held; call 2 active
> 3. ASTERISK APPLICATION notify SIP A for put call 1 and call 2 in conference.
>
> Is the step 3 possible? Is there any SIP header to indicate to a SIP phone

Step 3 is not possible in the way you describe.  However, many, many SIP
phones support it within the phone.  Asterisk just sees two calls.  The
phone does the audio mixing inside the phone.  Polycom, Cisco, and
SIPura phones do this.  I'm sure most other SIP phones also do it in
this way.  This feature may be called "3-Way Calling".