[asterisk-dev] Postgres Realtime driver

Christopher Bergström cbergstrom at netsyncro.com
Tue Apr 4 11:16:57 MST 2006

William Lloyd wrote:

> From a long term development point of view should we just be  focusing
> on ODBC and removing all the native drivers altogether?

What's the performance impact of ODBC vs native?  (Is that extra layer
negligible for most common tasks?)  Has anyone ever noticed a difference
or ran any benchmarks?

In general as long as the benefits are there and it's stable (or
eventually will be) I'm all for a native Postgres driver.  I've been
given the task of migrating some * boxes from MySQL to Postgres and
hopefully I'll have more feedback here soon as to the results.
(specifically the postgres driver)

Cheers,

C.