[asterisk-dev] chan_skinny fixes

Christopher Bergström cbergstrom at netsyncro.com
Mon Apr 3 09:48:31 MST 2006

Andy Powell wrote:

>On 02/04/2006 at 12:44 Jeremy McNamara wrote:
>

>>Sergio Chersovani wrote:
>>

>>>can a proprietary protocol be included in the asterisk svn repository?
>>>

>>See channels/chan_skinny.c.   Then see Section 1201(f) of the DMCA Code
>>- Reverse Engineering clause for 'interoperability'.
>>

>Since the DMCA only applies in the USA then it's not particularly relavant to anyone
>other than Digium or US based contributors to the driver. AFAIK Sergio isn't in the US
>so it simply does not apply.

Even if Sergio isn't in the US.. this does not mean he will never go and
other developers have been retained over DMCA / US patriot act crap
before.  This is not to say how likely this is, but that it's possible.
While all this would be a great thing I would certainly get legal advise
if I cared to step foot in the US.

Cheers,

C.