[asterisk-dev] chan_skinny fixes

Damien voip at facts.com.au
Sun Apr 2 03:35:56 MST 2006

Sergio Chersovani wrote:

> North Antara ha scritto:
>
>> Basically, no.  He would have to get disclaimers from anybody who has
>> ever submitted a patch to him.  I thought about this a little bit,
>> and decided that even if he wanted to, it would be extremely
>> difficult/impossible (which was part of my decision to fix chan_skinny).
>
> Again, not true North. The list of patch submitters is always
> published on the release note so it's really easy to get disclaimers.
> The users that submit patches are all members of the mailing list
>
> Sergio

I am not certain on the history of chan_sccp, but I believe it has
undergone three separate devlopments and wouldn't disclaimers be
required for all three of these stages? If disclaimers can be obtained
(and I'm happy to disclaim my small contributions to chan_sccp), why not
allow it to become part of asterisk, either completely or as a fork?

I think forking chan_sccp to anywhere other than asterisk will just
exacerbate the current issue. Sergio has done a great job writing and
managing the code, but I have noticed that the last few months seems to
be more just bug fixes rather than the real development work that is
still called for.

Sergio, maybe you could let us know what your ultimate plans for
chan_sccp are? Unfortunately, if it doesn't appear viable that it will
end up in the asterisk tree in a reasonable timeframe, I think I will
have to agree with developing chan_skinny.

Damien