[asterisk-dev] chan_skinny fixes

North Antara north at ntbox.com
Sat Apr 1 09:56:29 MST 2006

Sergio Chersovani wrote:

> North Antara ha scritto:
>
>> A) Sergio (maintainer of chan_sccp) hasn't used a single patch I've
>> sent him (others feel the same way),
>
> Your realtime patch could not be applied before the reload code. You
> know we were working on an open bug for the meetme stuff and more
> (fixed in the last 1.2.6 ast release)
> I have posted a todo list for the coders.
>
>> and he won't give access to his cvs/svn repos to help code, B)
>> chan_sccp is not now, and never will be disclaimed.  Instead of yet
>> another fork, I decided (with the help and encouragement of several
>> others) to just fix the original.
>
> Yeah, I see alot of chan_sccp code in your chan_skinny patch, sm I right?
>
> Sergio

Actually, no.  When I was writing the code, I used a bit of information
from tethereal captures.  The only thing that might look similar to
chan_sccp is some of the softkey templates.  I went through all of the
states, and wrote down what my phone displayed.  I guessed on the ones I
couldn't figure out (like the unknown one?).

If I did peek at any of your code, I would have most certainly used the
line templates...I still don't know what 7902, 7920, or 7985 look like. :)

I'm sorry it had to be this way - but you know that I've contacted you
several times about A) disclaiming, B) getting chan_sccp put on
svncommunity.digium.com, and we both know that you ignored me.  I'd love
to see us all work together, but...I don't know if that's possible.