[Asterisk-Dev] ast_xxx function..?

Matt Hess mhess at livewirenet.com
Fri Sep 30 16:38:03 MST 2005

Chris St Denis wrote:
> Possible workaround if only a few clients are affected by this non-RCF
> compliant problem. Route them through a SER server the sole purpose of which
> it to strip the quotes with the textops module. Don't know if it'll work but
> it's a potential solution.

Unfortunately, the majority (90%) of cpe we have is from one vendor (AC)
and routing them all through a ser server does not feel like an elegant
solution in this circumstance.. granted, that a band-aid fix is not
elegant either.. but my belief is that it sure has less potential to be
customer affecting.. which is why I was turning to the avenue of just
stripping the "<sp> out at the asterisk level. I figured a simple check
on the nonce to ensure it has no nastification (and if so scrub it
clean) is more efficient in the end.

Also, I do have a trouble ticket open with AC on this issue and have
complained that it is a service affecting bug (shh, not really but it
would be if I was to upgrade to 1.2-beta/head).. no ETA has been given
for when a fix will be supplied but they do recognize that this is a
bug. My estimated ETA on their fix: Soon.

Let me take a minute to say thank you for the feedback I've received, it
has been very positive.

(there is no sP^Hoon)