[Asterisk-Dev] The CallerIDPres not working?

Sherwood McGowan madprofzero at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 14:03:44 MST 2005

hey all, I submitted a bug concerning the CDR using the callerid for src on
outgoing calls, and was told to use SetCallerPres() to set the presentation
method. I mentioned that I had understood that ZAP channels handle it, and
was told sip_chan also allows it.

Now, my question is, why is it when I use the following setup:

exten=_*67.,1,VERBOSE(1|Setting CallingPres to a prohibited mode)
exten=_*67.,n,SetCallerPres(unavailable)
exten=_*67.,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:3}${HOME},120,rT)

and use any of the prohib_* modes or unavailable, I still get the number
passed to me via callerid. I tried every one, and still got a number.

Care to help me out? If this is not a development question, I'm sorry, but
since I'm confused as to why this is supposedly working in SIP but I'm not
able to make it work, I figure it could possibly be a bug.  Otherwise, there
may be some other phantom reason why callerid would still be passed.

Thank you

SKM