[Asterisk-Dev] ast_xxx function..?

Matt Hess mhess at livewirenet.com
Fri Sep 30 13:07:39 MST 2005

I've run into a problem with head that I'd like to make a patch for but
I need to see first if an ast_ function exists to strip all non
alphanumeric characters from a char.. in this case the nonce variable in
chan_sip. Some sip analog gateways send a nonce improperly and getting
the vendors to fix it has been a real pita 'wait and see' thing. The
example nonce I am working off of looks like: nonce="7d0ae5ad" ", which
is clearly wrong. I would like to ensure that nonce only has alpha
numeric characters in it as I believe it should not be allowed to
contain a quote or space in the value.. all I really need to see is if
asterisk already has a function to do this and return the cleaned string.

Please don't blast me too much for this.. I'm just trying to help
correct a problem so we can move to the new asterisk version.