[Asterisk-Dev] SIP failover using Asterisk and openais

Kristian Nielsen kn at sifira.dk
Wed Sep 28 23:57:26 MST 2005

Steven Dake <sdake at mvista.com> writes:

> Finally in do_monitor, I notice there is a ast_sched_wait, followed by
> an ast_io_wait.  ast_io_wait appears to dispatch any pending i/o events
> as derived from poll.  I need to plug in here with an ast_io_add to add
> my "healthchecking" for the SIP server.  My question is with
> ast_sched_wait..  Will it timeout immediately if there is I/O waiting?

The ast_sched_wait() function doesn't actually wait, it just calculates
the number of milliseconds until the next timer timeout, and returns
that immediately. This is then used to provide a timeout for
ast_io_wait() in case no I/O occurs before timer timeout.

So the name is somewhat misleading.

 - Kristian.

Kristian Nielsen   kn at sifira.dk
Development Manager, Sifira A/S