[Asterisk-Dev] Redirection reason

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Sep 27 15:42:59 MST 2005

Kristian Nielsen wrote:

> It wasn't clear to me from you message: Would you accept a patch that
> added redirect reason to struct ast_callerid, or would you prefer to
> stick to the PRIREDIRECTREASON variable, with the limitation that
> entails?

I think it makes sense to leave it the way that it is for now, since
it's very PRI specific. You can opt to copy it into an inherited
variable early in your dialplan so that it gets copied into all new
channels that are created, though.

> [We have the need to pass redirect reason between two different channel
> drivers we are writing, and I thought adding to struct ast_callerid was
> the cleanest way.]

It could be, but it would also increase the size of that structure for
all non-PRI uses as well, which might not be too helpful.