[Asterisk-Dev] TDMoE and tap device

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 07:35:05 MST 2005

 Well - at second thought, you might technically get the right environment
(layer 2 packets getting from one side to the other) for this to work using
tap and some sort of bridging, but with the latency added with the whole
ovpn process and any WANs that it is traversing it may very well throw a
whole bunch of timers off within TDMoE and cause it not to work in the first
place. The packets generated by a DS1 or more with TDMoE riding within ovpn
would also likely be pretty rough on the processors trying to support that
tunnel. :-)