[Asterisk-Dev] removing depreciated code?

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Sun Sep 25 00:07:08 MST 2005

On 09/25/05 09:41 Steven said the following:
> On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 13:58 -0400, Jerris, Michael MI wrote:
>
>>>Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk

>>>that sounds to me a brilliant idea. that way it will be possible to
>>>try out and test a clean 1.2 installation..
>>>

>>I think this would be quite useful, particularly when we go to rip it
>>all out in the dev branch post 1.2.  A patch to bugs.digium.com would be
>>much appretiated.  It would of course default to being included in the
>>1.2 release branch, but people would have the option to turn it off at
>>compile time.  Thanks in advance for the contribution.
>

> Let us take Roy's advice, let's not add code to 1.2. Save that for a
> 1.2.1 release. It may be a feature add, but let's not delay the current
> 1.2 release further.

so could we then take it that the use of #ifdefs will solve the issue and
keep those who need backward compatibility just as happy as those who want
the deprecated code removed ? that would end this thread so we can all get
back to concentrating on a more stabler release version of asterisk.

for the sake of the uninitated masses, perhaps the compile time makefile
option should by default build with backward compatibility, so as to ease
the transition from earlier releases to 1.2.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/