[Asterisk-Dev] Problem with 'cvs diff', getting empty diffs

Josip Gracin gracin at tel.fer.hr
Sat Sep 24 23:44:37 MST 2005

Hello!

When I type 'cvs -n update -Pd' it gives me a couple of files that have
changed in the repository (which I can verify using cvs log and status).
  But when I try 'cvs -q diff -u' I get no output.  The trace of 'cvs -t
-q diff -u' on a file that has a newer version in the repository is the
following:

% cvs -t -q diff -u chan_zap.c
  -> main loop with CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at cvs.digium.com:/usr/cvsroot
  -> Connecting to cvs.digium.com(66.225.202.81):2401
S-> Reader_Lock(/usr/cvsroot/asterisk/channels)
S-> Lock_Cleanup()
  -> Lock_Cleanup()

My cvs version is 1.11.19.  What could be the reason for this strange
behavior?