[Asterisk-Dev] removing depreciated code?

Jerris, Michael MI mjerris at ofllc.com
Sat Sep 24 10:58:12 MST 2005

> Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk

> > perhaps a solution could be found by #ifdefing the deprecated code
> > around say, DEPRECATED_1.2, and then making it a compile time
> > option in the makefile to either build with backward compatibility
> > or to have it removed for those who'd prefer it without the
> > deprecated code.
> >
> > i'm making the big assumption here however that it's as simple as
> > wrapping ifdefs around the code which needs to be taken out.
>
> that sounds to me a brilliant idea. that way it will be possible to
> try out and test a clean 1.2 installation..

I think this would be quite useful, particularly when we go to rip it
all out in the dev branch post 1.2.  A patch to bugs.digium.com would be
much appretiated.  It would of course default to being included in the
1.2 release branch, but people would have the option to turn it off at
compile time.  Thanks in advance for the contribution.

Mike.