[Asterisk-Dev] removing depreciated code?

Rod Dorman rodd at polylogics.com
Sat Sep 24 08:56:25 MST 2005

On Saturday, September 24, 2005, 10:38:56, Steven wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 11:12 +0200, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
>> Backward compatibility is overrated
>
> Try telling that to a person who makes the upgrade and finds out they
> have to re-tweak the ENTIRE dialplan to make it behave the way they had
> it before.  I would much rather upgrade sections at a time where I can
> fully test those sections before moving on.

Indeed,  thru many painful lessons I've learned its better to change one
thing at a time. Makes it a lot easier to figure out which change caused
the problem.

Makes it a lot easier to fall back to a working configuration too.

--
rodd at polylogics.com     "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Rod Dorman              late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh