[Asterisk-Dev] removing depreciated code?

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Sat Sep 24 03:38:59 MST 2005

On 09/24/05 17:12 Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk said the following:
> Are you sure this is a good thing? Having the backward compatibility  is
> one thing, but then if something doesn't work, the general answer  from

perhaps a solution could be found by #ifdefing the deprecated code around
say, DEPRECATED_1.2, and then making it a compile time option in the
makefile to either build with backward compatibility or to have it removed
for those who'd prefer it without the deprecated code.

i'm making the big assumption here however that it's as simple as wrapping
ifdefs around the code which needs to be taken out.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/