[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Ring requested on channel already in use

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Sat Sep 24 03:10:12 MST 2005

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, alan wrote:

> I didn't like to see the answer "upgrade your production system to a
> beta version," but the truth is, it was working poorly enough that it
> was basically impossible not to at least try it.

> After this experience with 1.2, I'd say that the upgrade should not
> cause many problems, as long as you thoroughly research and implement
> all required configuration changes. We have not experienced any problems
> with 1.2 which weren't also problems in 1.0.8/9, but we have had many
> other little issues solved which we were previously trying to ignore.

Alan:

Post your message to asterisk-users too!

I'm convinced  CVS-HEAD/1.2-beta is much better than the 1.0 - as is your
experience too.  But I still have customers who feel I'm quite the cowboy
to be recommending the "in development" tree.

I think with a final push to find and fix issues, we are on the way to a
1.2 release that the developers can be proud of.

So please open bugs for those issues you still see in 1.2beta and lets try
to get rid of them!

My 5c from a rather part-time contributor.

Steve