[Asterisk-Dev] Open source time card application for Asterisk

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Fri Sep 23 09:32:16 MST 2005

[snip]
> > Do you mean employee time-card? With mysql database this would be very
> > interesting project.
> > Do you have a short description of what it would do?
> >

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for responding. The basic system would work as follows. An
> employee would call in and would transfer to a menu (either via an
> operator or via the phone system if no operator is available).
> Something like press 1 for sales and service press 2 for accounting
> and press 3 if you are an employee. Upon pressing three the user would
> be asked to enter their employee ID and password. The system would
> capture the employee ID , time of day and if available the caller ID
> from the location they are calling from. When they are finished they
> would repeat the process thus capturing the finish data for filling
> out a time card. The usage is a group of field nurses that need an
> easy way to enter data into there time cards since the Internet is not
> always available from the locations they call from. Although the
> caller ID can easily be spoofed this is not as important as capture of
> the time and employee data for filling out a time card. A second
> application uses the same theory but for janitors. The caller ID helps
> confirm they are where they are supposed to be. There are several PHP
> time cards out there but I am trying to find the best for interfacing
> with Asterisk. Phase one would be to capture the data to a flat file
> phase 2 would be to get it into a database, phase three would
> interface it to an existing LAMP based time card apt and phase 4 would
> allow for phone access to information stored in the time card such as
> how many hours worked, hours by day etc. A final phase would interface
> these to both Peachtree and Quickbooks.
>
> I am working on a more definitive outline right now but I wanted some
> feedback from the development community before doing so, so that I did
> not reinvent the wheel.
>
> Thanks

Yes, that what I was thinking and looking for as well.
Employee comes to work dial an extension + password; the system records
the time they start.   It should be possible to program it either via
dial plan or a configuration file ex. employee.conf file some defaults,
the time they start etc.  For example if an employee comes to work and
starts at 9:00AM but check in at 8:50AM the system would recorded at
9:00AM default time, but if employee is late and check-in at 9:05AM the
system would record the actual starting time 9:05AM

An important feature would be the ability to print total hours based on
time work daily, weekly, be-weekly etc; as some are using not standard
accounting systems.

Another interesting feature (but not urgent) is to build-in some feature
that would prevent against buddy-check-in example some voice recognition
system or link it to a finger-print scanner etc.

--
#Joseph