[Asterisk-Dev] BOUNTY: 100$ Name before Voicemail Playback

Matthew Gibson m.gibson at voxip.ca
Thu Sep 22 01:42:38 MST 2005

Matt Riddell wrote:

>Matthew Gibson wrote:
>

>>configuration. But
>>enlighten us on the announce thingy :P
>>

>>From voicemail.conf:
>
>saycid=yes

Ah, yes.

We are already using this, but wanted to use the (proposed) saycnam=
in conjunction with this.  AFAIK saycid only speaks digits, not alpha, and
my users really want the alpha "caller name" and digit "caller number".

The previous patch we had made was a vicious hack that basically copied
this function, renamed it, and spelt out the current context. We wanted
it to be done cleanly now :)

Matt