[Asterisk-Dev] BOUNTY: 100$ Name before Voicemail Playback

Matthew Gibson m.gibson at voxip.ca
Thu Sep 22 00:37:52 MST 2005

Hiya Matt,

Matt Riddell wrote:

>Why don't you just set callerid to a number (i.e. 1-10) before going to
>voicemail and then use the callerid announce thingy (assuming you're not using
>it already).
>
>That way you could have 1 for company 1, 2 for...

I'm not sure what callerid announce thingy you're speaking of :)

We had this patch working about 6 months ago, but due to all the
changes in HEAD it doesn't seem to want to work anymore, and
I nor any of my peers know any C to get it done quickly and efficiently.

What my users are asking for is that when the voicemail is played back,
before playing back the number of the person that called them, it also
speaks the alpha chars of either what the caller name is set to, or the
current
context the caller was left in. This is because we have about 6 companies
going to 1 voicemail box, and clients don't always leave what company they
are calling for.

We figured this method would be the best way to implement something like
this,
so it's easily configured on a per user basis in voicemail
configuration. But
enlighten us on the announce thingy :P

Matt