[Asterisk-Dev] need help

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Sep 21 19:39:12 MST 2005

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 03:57:41PM -0400, Paul wrote:

> There is probably a way to limit posting to confirmed subscribers with
> mailman or some other list software. That would help.

Yup, there is, and it is already employed. I didn't notice unwanted spam
here.

The OP (Original Poster) seems to have been someone who has just
subscribed to the list.

Anyway, -users is problematic because of its huge volume. But then
again, there seems to be no reasonable part of its traffic that could be
broken away to a separate list.

For instance, I'm not sure I'd mind creating a separate "beginners"
list. There is a reasonable chance I'll even subscribe to answer
questions. At least for a while. However the level of answers there will
surely be not as good as the one in the users list. Will it be good
enough? Most people believe that it won't and that too many newbies will
end up posting the same issue to -users anyway.

A web-based forum may give you search. But it doesn't give you the nice
filtering capabilities of a decent mail client. So it is still not a
better way to deal with th huge amounts of mail.

Another part of the problem is off-topic threads. As I'm contriubting to
one now, I'll just stop here.

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com