[Asterisk-Dev] Questions

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Sep 21 15:12:17 MST 2005

The way that I read it is the drivers (etc) required for the cards are
being jointly developed (doesn't say anything about "who" is selling them),
and it doesn't say that Intel (or whoever) can't sell their cards with
drivers bundled. If you wanted to buy their package and apply it to your
cvs-head-compiled stuff, its up to you to support that installation/config
assuming they sell them individually. (Not a lot different then buying
competing T1 cards.)

Developing the stuff under ABE and bundling the card(s) with ABE is
just another way to sell the cards & software.

There's nothing in that announcement that precludes either or both
approaches. I'd be fairly certain the approach will be governed by
a "marketing" plan, not a "sales" plan, and certainly not be a "technical"
plan.