[Asterisk-Dev] what do I need to implement odbc

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Mon Sep 19 10:22:53 MST 2005

Guys, I've got a serious problem in that for political reasons I need to
be able to use ODBC for realtime against a progress (not postgres) database.

I've got a problem with * and my current odbc driver, as any update
statement fails (SQLExecute error).  (However, on the same box, the same
UPDATE statement works if embedded in a php page)

I did have unixODBC installed, but thought that I would try iODBC. I
uninstalled unixODBC, and installed iODBC. However, res_odbc will not
compile because /usr/include/odbcinst.h is missing. Nearest thing that
I've found is /usr/local/include/iodbcinst.h.

Do I need unixODBC ? If so, does * only compile with unixODBC and does
not support iODBC ?

Many thanks.

Julian.