[Asterisk-Dev] SIP Jitter Buffer Testing

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Sat Sep 17 10:51:11 MST 2005

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005, Brian K. West wrote:

> No I'm no being pedantic about it all.  A jitter buffer is just that a
> jitter buffer.  The codec takes care of the PLC or it does in asterisk
> when it gets a null frame last I checked.  Excuse me for trying not to
> confuse the two.
Aw c'mon Brian.

We all know what I meant. And yes, I may have brought PLC in without need,
nevertheless, the point stands, jitter buffer by itself (with PLC or
without PLC) will not make faxes work over g.711. The timing is still not
good enough. You can't hope with whatever jitter buffer to get .1ms
maximum slippage.

-alex