[Asterisk-Dev] SIPit17 in Stockholm :: Asterisk under pressure!!

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Sep 16 10:18:48 MST 2005

Friends,
I've spent one week turning chan_sip inside out, testing with a lot of
different test tools, testing with different phones, proxies and other
SIP devices. It's been wonderful. Fun, educational, stressful and SIP-crazy.

I have a long list of bugs to fix quickly, another list with
considerations for the next generation of chan_sip and a third long list
of possible additions to chan_sip in the future.

Asterisk managed pretty well though. I ran Asterisk on a 1 GHz laptop
and could easily handle 250 concurrent calls with re-invited RTP, That
took about 9% of the CPU. With RTP codec conversion (ulaw-alaw, easy
load) my poor laptop run at 99% load already around 50 calls...

I must have a gigabyte of SIP debug files to read through :-)

For those of you that will attend VON in Boston, see you there!
Otherwise, we'll meet at Astricon in Los Angeles!

Have a nice weekend!

Regards,
/Olle