[Asterisk-Dev] NoOp not returning anything?

lconroy lconroy at insensate.co.uk
Fri Sep 16 03:33:06 MST 2005

Hi Tilghman, folks,
  News to me - it works fine on stable. Then again, I always run -vvv
or above.

I think that what you're saying is that:
NoOp does nothing, but that running Asterisk at verbosity level 3 or
above
prints out the parameters for the application (with variable
substitution)
on the console, and this is true for NoOp as well. As NoOp does nothing,
the effect of this is to just display whatever are the parameters for
the
application call on the console.

Now, personally I'd like some application that does nothing except
displaying
parameters on console without it having * to be at verbosity level 3,
but as
NoOp works ->AS LONG AS ONE IS RUNNING -vvv OR ABOVE<-, it doesn't
really matter.

Can someone stick in the "verbosity level 3" caveat on voip-info,
please?
all the best,
   Lawrence