[Asterisk-Dev] Re: AgentCallbackLogin, 1.2-beta1 issues

alan alan at pair.com
Thu Sep 15 07:38:57 MST 2005

Jos? Pablo Ezequiel Fern?ndez <pablo.fernandez at reliable.com.ar> wrote:

> Hello,
> at Reliable Services we use agents to identify a person with an extension but
> no more than that, we don't use queues and the work is mainly outgoing calls.
> For that, agents is not very well fited and what you mention on this post has
> a lot to do with it.
>
> On Monday 12 September 2005 17:40, alan wrote:
> [...]
> > I am using AGENTBYCALLERID to prevent multiple agents from logging in to
> > the same extension, which is a discussion for a different day.
> How do you do that ?

The original issue I reported here was resolved expediently and to
my great satisfaction on Mantis ticket #5213. Thanks, Kevin! It
works great!

On that ticket, I included the portion of extensions.conf I use to
prevent multiple agents from logging in to the same extension:
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=5213

Our solution has some limitations: you can't use agent PIN numbers,
currently, since the current Agent implementation requires the PIN
number, if set to log out an agent with AgentCallbackLogin. (Actually I
haven't confirmed this on 1.2, only on 1.0).

One feature I would really like to see, would be if the "agent logoff"
cli/manager command became a dialplan app as well. I consider it a
security risk to require a PIN for an agent to log off. Imagine if
unix/linux/etc. shells required your password to log out?

> - Automatically log off an agent from an extension when a new agent is logged
> in.

This is what we implemented in the extensions.conf I referred you to.

> - Automatically log off an agent from an extension when the agent is logged on
> on another extension.

This is already the behavior of CVS HEAD.

> And it would be nice to require to be logged in with some agent to be able to
> make calls (something like that logged agents make that extension be in a
> different context)

I agree, I'd like this feature as well.

Alan Ferrency
pair Networks, Inc.