[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk 1.0.9 long term stability

Sig Lange sig.lange at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 06:06:24 MST 2005

I've been evaluating asterisk for quite some time now and am attempting to
create services on it. The system is simple right now. asterisk seems to
look up atleast every week if not more. I am running asterisk 1.0.9 and
would like to find similiar experiences of long term stability.

I attempted to debug it, but my asterisk isn't compiled with all the
possible debugging flags, which flags in the Makefile should I enable to
help provide more information?

Here is what I have found so far.

gdb attach backtrace:
(gdb) bt
#0 0x401c4a76 in nanosleep () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1 0x0000000c in ?? ()
#2 0x401ef4ba in usleep () from /lib/libc.so.6
#3 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#4 0x8a9fa304 in ?? ()
#5 0x8a9ffbe0 in ?? ()
#6 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#7 0x000003e8 in ?? ()
#8 0x8a9fa504 in ?? ()
#9 0x40678bbb in zt_handle_event (ast=0x8a9fa504) at chan_zap.c:590
Previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)
(gdb) info threads

This is definitely something in zaptel (zt_handle) but the other errors like
corrupt stack lead me to believe there is also something else wrong.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
--
Sig Lange
http://www.signuts.net/