[Asterisk-Dev] asterisk 'stable'?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Sep 13 14:10:11 MST 2005

Brian K. West wrote:

> Lets see.  Apache, MySQL, OpenH323 and many more run without issues and run
> on a wide variety of systems.   So that argument is totally false.

So all of those software packages have never had any issues and were
always 'stable'? They never experience any unexpected results or
unpredictable behavior? I find that very hard to believe.

Note that I'm not disagreeing that Asterisk should be as stable as
possible... I'm only asking the original poster what he's comparing it
to that never has any troubles on his system. Many of us run Asterisk on
systems that see very high call volumes and have _zero_ problems that
can be attributed to Asterisk at all.

Complaining about the lack of testing on high-load systems is of no
value; the only way that problem will ever be solved is for the people
with the systems and the experience to do the testing to actually start
doing it and report their results. I am trying to help out on that front
here at Digium, but just like everyone else we have resource limitations
too :-)