[Asterisk-Dev] getting started

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Sep 11 15:26:06 MST 2005

Jonathan k. Creasy wrote:
> I'm interested in trying to contribute some coding to the project.
> What's the best way to get started?

That's a good step right there :-)

> I need to find some low hanging fruit that doesn't need to be done real
> quickly so I can get into the code and learn what's going on where.

Go to dev.asteriskdocs.org, and click on the 'janitor projects' page.
Those are (relatively) simple tasks that need to be done to clean up the
code before the 1.2 release. If you have questions about a particular
task, ask here or in #asterisk-dev on Freenode. Thanks for volunteering!