[Asterisk-Dev] Maximum wait for I/O in bridged channels

Juan Jose Comellas juanjo at comellas.com.ar
Sun Sep 11 07:23:22 MST 2005

When having channels that are bridged, is there a maximum amount of time we
can wait for I/O on the channels?

I'm asking this because I'm having some problems with ast_channel_bridge() (in
channel.c). This function makes a call to ast_waitfor_n() with an infinite
timeout and I have a problem in which sometimes I stop receiving data from the
channels in a bridge and they remain hung until I "soft hangup" them from the
console. To solve this (symptom) I wanted to add a maximum timeout to the
ast_waitfor_n() in ast_channel_bridge().

Any suggestions?

--
Juan Jose Comellas
(juanjo at comellas.com.ar)