[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Asterisk-Dev Digest, Vol 14, Issue 19

alan alan at pair.com
Thu Sep 8 08:43:13 MST 2005

"Brian K. West" <brian at bkw.org> wrote:

> The one thing that I have seen cause this is libpri  being out of sync with
> running asterisk.

This has never been the case for us.

Matthew Fredrickson wrote:

> I don't know if you'll get as much help with 1.0.x as you will with
> 1.2/HEAD.

I am leaning more towards upgrading, but I'm going to build on our test
system first to check the configs, etc.

On another note:

Evidence is leaning towards the "Ring requested..." issue being a
symptom of a different problem, and not the problem itself. Today we got
most of the other symptoms (unresponsive console, messed up agent lists
and sip channel lists, inability to transfer or agent log in/out) prior
to seeing the "Ring requested" message in the logs.

The common theme seems to be "a transfer failed" (transfer of a ZAP call
by an agent logged in on a SIP channel to another agent logged in to a
SIP channel). Can anyone else who has experienced similar issues confirm
or deny whether they're using agents, queues, and call transfers between
AgentCallbackLogin agents?

I'm going to spend more time trying to reproduce this problem before I
waste more list bandwidth. Though I'm still interested in clues about
Asterisk cvsweb's "annotate" functionality.

Thanks,

Alan Ferrency
pair Networks, Inc.
alan at pair.com