[Asterisk-Dev] Input and testing.

Brian West brian at bkw.org
Mon Sep 5 18:04:20 MST 2005

On 9/5/05 12:21 PM, "John Todd" <jtodd at loligo.com> wrote:

> However, I will be perhaps ungrateful and say that this would be
> optimally configured within each channel (and within each channel,
> for each peer.)  In the same way that choice of codec is quite
> important on a per-connection basis, I would also suggest that RTP
> frame interval is also important on a per-connection basis.  Some
> customers will work well at 40ms, while others need 20ms...  Setting
> a global value for this seems to not be quite as useful as being able
> to set it on a per-peer basis.  How difficult would it be to extend
> this very handy settings functionality across to the channel drivers
> that support RTP?

I agree this would be something that would be nice to set per peer.  But
first you have to know the codec then you have to know a valid frame size.
The way asterisk is built you have no access to any channel structure at the
point where this has to be set.  I was thinking of a mod to ast_rtp_write
which is used in rtp channels...

/b