[Asterisk-Dev] Open G.729 / G.723.1 update, fixed memory leak

Sun Sep 4 10:10:16 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 17:58 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 17:49 +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> > Digium offers a binary implementation of G.729, but they don't give you
> > source code and they lock it to your PC's MAC address (so if you blow an
> > ethernet card, the codec stops working).
> Stops working permanently, or just till you discover the
> 'ifconfig eth0 hw ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx' command?

Or until you simply re-register the codec using your new ethernet card's
mac address (I know you can re-register at least once, maybe twice
even).

Also, if you spoke to digium, then they would probably allow you to
re-register again, probably done on a case by case basis, depending on
how suspicous you sound, and how many times you are asking (this is
similar to MS when re-registering MS windows/office too many times).

Regards,
Adam