[Asterisk-Dev] Open G.729 / G.723.1 update, fixed memory leak

Daniel Pocock daniel at readytechnology.co.uk
Sun Sep 4 09:49:20 MST 2005

Paradise Dove wrote:

>are pre-compiled binaries for this new update available?

Unfortunately, because the codecs are patented, they can't be
distributed in binary format.

However, I'm sure there are plenty of very good programmers on this
mailing list who will assist you in your evaluation of the code if you
offer them the appropriate compensation for their efforts (try offering
cash, beer and pizzas and you'll get a quick response).

Digium offers a binary implementation of G.729, but they don't give you
source code and they lock it to your PC's MAC address (so if you blow an
ethernet card, the codec stops working).