[Asterisk-Dev] Re: How to measure delay in meetme?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Sep 2 17:54:27 MST 2005

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005, Clive Nicolson wrote:

> And the delay is?

Setup 1 - TE410p in a Supermicro p4 2.8gHz 1u. Dialplan dial's the
conference server (Compaq 2x xeon 3.06 gHz 2u) using IAX.

Delay is 0.111 seconds.

Setup 2 - TE410p in the conference server.

Delay is 0.027 seconds.

It appears that IAX/network latency adds about 0.084 seconds of delay.

And the customer is still complaining !!!

Their existing system consisting of an Excel switch talking to an IVR
based on Dialogic 240's and Vendetta 128's.

The delay through the existing system is 0.012 seconds.

Thanks in advance,