[Asterisk-Dev] Realtime agents.

José Pablo Ezequiel Fernández pablo.fernandez at reliable.com.ar
Thu Sep 1 15:03:01 MST 2005

As you may now from my previous post I am working on making realtime agents.
Tho quick and dirty hack (just a prove of concept) is working, now I am in
the process of tiding it up.
For that I studied how SIP realtime works and I notice an important
difference: agents are contained into a linked list while sip_peers are
contained into a different list:
/*--- The peer list: Peers and Friends ---*/
static struct ast_peer_list {
	ASTOBJ_CONTAINER_COMPONENTS(struct sip_peer);
} peerl;
Am I right (please, any accurate and reliable comments are welcome since I
have only spent two days digging Asterisk's source code).
To be able to use realtime agents I would need to change that linked list for
a method similar to SIP's, right ?
Do you recommend me leeking at another module, like extensions, to have a
better base to make agents realtime ?
Thank you.
--
José Pablo Ezequiel Fernández