[Asterisk-Dev] smsq

Bob Goddard asterisk at bgcomp.co.uk
Thu Sep 1 09:19:02 MST 2005

On Thursday 01 Sep 2005 09:51, Drew Wells wrote:
> I am getting a little confused/lost with smsq and app_sms.  I managed to
> get smsq compiled and working.  If I issue the command (UK SMS) :-
[...]
> All this looks correct to me, but then app_sms in Asterisk acts on the
> file in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing and makes an outgoing call to
> '17094009', but it then scans /var/spool/asterisk/sms/me-sc.0 for any
> messages (obviously there are not any there as the message got written in
> /var/spool/asterisk/sms/motx), it gets the SMS header from the SMSC (SMS
> RX 93 00 6D 00 00 00 ...), then looks for messages in
> /var/spool/asterisk/sms/me-sc.0, does not find any messages so sends
> SMS_REL (SMS TX 94 00 6C 00 00 00...).
>
> What do I need to do to get the messages from /var/spool/asterisk/sms/motx
> into /var/spool/asterisk/sms/me-sc.0

It is a bug. Adrian Kennard who originally wrote it (?) says a fix
has been made available but from some reason is not been accepted
into the code.

See the thread:
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.net.providers.aaisp/browse_frm/thread/3310998ce07e4c87/e44340902f3b6db5?lnk=st&q=sms+group:uk.net.providers.aaisp&rnum=2#e44340902f3b6db5