[Asterisk-Dev] Developing custom softphone

Eugene Prokopiev prokopiev at stc.donpac.ru
Mon Oct 31 02:46:17 MST 2005

Hi,

I need to make custom softphone for embeding it into my crossplatform
program. So I need crossplatform framework for it.

Is there _working_ pure java framework to support any protocol
(IAX/SIP/...) and audio devices (with JMF) with _working_
examples/clients based on it? I see JAIN-SIP, SIP Communicator and jvoip
based on it. I can't to configure jvoip to call Asterisk. I can
configure SIP Communicator to call Asterisk, but it is very unstable and
very poor voice quality. May be I do something wrong?

I can't find any other java solutions: http://jsip.sourceforge.net/ is
dead, http://www.iptel.org/products/bonephone/ has a very strange design.

I tried to find non-java solutions for IAX protocol, for example.

I used iaxclient library and wx example in simpleclient directory. Two
wx clients can call each other but I don't know, how to answer on call
because them have only Dial, Hang Up and 0-9,# buttons :) Advanced
iaxcomm example hasn't Answer button as wx :) And I dont' know how to
use testcall example, what need I enter in command prompt to connect to
Asterisk, call another client and answer?

So, how can I use them?

--
Thanks,
Eugene Prokopiev