[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Generate white noise to avoid RTP timeout

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Sat Oct 29 02:38:26 MST 2005

In article <1130575548.436336bc956fe at webmail.adontendev.net>,
Obelix <asterisklists at adontendev.net> wrote:

> I'd like to know whether is possible to play some white noise or low level
> background noise to keep a connection up. One of my providers have an RTP
> timeout which kicks in quite quickly, and I need to know how to avoid it.
>
> Are there some known means of stopping this?

What application do you have running on the channel at the moment you
get an RTP timeout?

Asterisk should normally continue to generate outgoing RTP, but there
is an open bug concerning the Record application which doesn't. I don't
know whether there are other applications that also don't.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield