[Asterisk-Dev] sched.c::schedule function can be a bottleneck and is optimised backwards

Chris Wade clwade at sparco.com
Fri Oct 28 13:02:31 MST 2005

Steve Kann wrote:
> If you end up with thousands of schedulings in the first 100ms or so,
> and then a thousand or so things spread over the next 30ms, then it
> might make sense to split it up into two queues: a "short" queue, and a
> "long" queue, or something like that.

Why not simply choose the schedule search algorithm at time of
insertion?  I'm sure both algorithm's have their place -- let the
developer needed to schedule something choose the better algorithm for
what they are scheduling.  I may be talking out of my @$$ here but it's
just a stupid suggestion.

--
Christopher L. Wade, CCNA, CCDA, CQS-CIPTES, CQS-CWLSS